Total Pageviews

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Here recently I have realized that I have so much in common with a certain animal.  You want to know what that animal is?  Well, I will tell you.  It is a duck..... even more specific.... a Momma duck..... a momma duck with 3 little ducklings.  Do you think that is strange?  I revealed this great revelation to Loren and he did not think it was strange at all. He responded like this.... "Well by gaw, that is the way it should be."  Typical "Loren Crow" answer.

I explained to him why I feel like a mother duck.  My kids and I spend a lot of time during the summer at home.  But we also do occasionaly get out of the house and make a grand appearance in pulic.  When we are out and about, I tend to look back over my shoulder quite a bit.  I am looking for my "ducklings".  There they are....  following right behind me.    Every once in a while one will stray but never out of site.  My "ducklings" are pretty good to take care of each other too.  I often hear "Come on Laci".... "Hayes you better put that down" or "Stop staring Evan and come one".  I smile.... because that lets me know they are still with me.  I have a need to know where my children are at all times.  I know that gets on some folks nerves but I don't really care.  God gave me the job of protecting my "ducklings" and I plan to carry out his command.  That is why I have recently began comparing myself to a mother duck. 

QUACK QUACK!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about the duck part but clearly you are a top-notch mom. I still can't get over cooking for your family at 10 p.m.!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww!!!!! Precious post!!!! Quack!

    ReplyDelete