Total Pageviews

Monday, August 22, 2011

Because my niece told me to......

I have not blogged in a while.  Things are a little busy in the Crow household.  School has started.... which means we have to get up Monday- Friday... bathe... and look presentable.  We do the exact opposite during the summer.  We spent quite a bit of our time during the summer lounging around in our swimsuits all day.  We would, in fact, shower and put on a clean bathing suit though.  We are almost settled in to our regular school routine.  Evan is playing football this year..... tackle football.  He has been practicing 3 days a week and on Saturday morning.  So a lot of time has been spent watching him practice.  Loren has started a new job.  Today was his second Monday at his job.  It is a big change for him.  He was at his last job for 10 years.  He is making a move to make things better for his family.  Have I mentioned that I love him?

Events that have taken place in the last few weeks have made me determined to give 100% to my kids.  I really want to be the best mom possible to them.  If for some reason, I am not here for them tomorrow, I want them to know how much I love them.  Being a mom is not my part-time job.  Teaching is my part-time job.  My full-time job is being a mother to Hayes, Evan, and Lou Lou.  I want them to know how much I love them everytime I drop them off at my mother's to catch the school bus.  I do tend to squeeze them a little tight when I hug them.  I do tend to snuggle with them when I should be washing the dishes.  I do tend to make too many trips during the summer to take them to get a Hobo Joe's.  And none of this do I intend on changing anytime soon.  Loving a my job as a mother is easy.  I learned from the best.  I model my job as a mother after my own.  I don't think I will ever be able to come close to being as good as a mom as she is.  She is the best....hands down.  We are blessed to be her kids and grandkids.

I am very lucky to get to witness my niece being a mother.  She loves her son so much.  It is written all over her face when she smiles.  He is lucky to have her as his mom.   She was put on this earth to be a mother to Easton.  I look forward to seeing her grow and mature in motherhood and bless this family with more little ones.  One day.... I will have many more great-nieces or great-nephews from my nieces and nephew.  I can't wait to sit back and enjoy watching them learning the joys you get from being a parent. 

So my goal is to give my kids 100% of me.  They deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment