Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Can anyone guess what I am going to blog about today????  Yep you got it!!  The wedding...... my baby niece's sweet wedding.  I am going to admit it....  I dreaded this wedding.  I dreaded it because it meant we had to let part of her go.  She was ready to create her own life with the man that she loves.  I want their love to last a lifetime.  I want them to give me as many sweet little great nieces and nephews as they want.  I was just fine leading up to the ceremony until she began that walk down the isle with my brother.  This was it......  it was really happening.  Part of me wanted to jump out in the isle and say.... "WAIT!!!  STOP!!!  Are you sure???  Have you thought this through??"  but I resisted and just let her pass by.  I could not look right at her face because then she would see my huge alligator tears that were pouring down my face.  This was it....  Jimmy was about to go and give Emilee to Devin.  Devin now assumes responsibility for one of my most prized possessions.  All we can do is trust that he loves her and will put her life before his.  The ceremony was beautiful.  My sweet Laci was the best little flower girl ever.  My other nieces looked gorgeous.  They had on their cowboy boots with their pretty bridesmaid dresses.  Family and friends watched as a couple began their journey as one.  Everything went so smooth...... no bumps...... no drama.  Thank you Pops for the beautiful weather Saturday.  We know you were there. 

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad the wedding went well...your family is just growing! :)

    ReplyDelete