Total Pageviews

Saturday, March 26, 2011

First born.....

12 years ago today I welcomed my first born.  Hayes Cooper Crow.  He will forever be known as the "thing" that saved my marriage.  I will be the first to admit I was a horrible person when I was preggers with Hayes.  It took my mother and Loren convincing me of that......  they had some pretty good evidence.....  video tape.  I was ill, snappy, and not easy to please.  I was working weekends, student teaching, and taking a class at night.  Loren was working 3 jobs.   We never saw each other.  :(

On March 25th 1999, around 2:30 in the morning, I was so thirsty.  I sweet-talked Loren in to getting up and getting me some water.  He did.....  That was the best tasting water I had ever had.  About an hour later......  just was we were falling back to sleep......  MY WATER BROKE!!!!!!  I pushed on Loren and told him that he had to wake up and take me to the hospital.  I am guessing all he heard was "wake up".  His reply was "shut up Jill"......  I just laughed.....  He then realized what was going on.  It was pretty funny.  He decides to make a phone call.  I am assuming he is calling his parents......  he hangs up and I ask him to give me the phone so I can call my mom and dad and he says "I was just talking to your mom".......   WHAT?!?!?!?  I wanted to call my mom!!!  UGH!!!!!  oh well......  about 45 minutes later we were on our way......  :)

The very funny part of this story was I was in labor on the 4th floor of SMH and my older brother was on the first floor getting his tonsils taken out.  Yes.....  we checked into the family discount and we were denied.  It was very entertaining for me.  My mother spent her time running back and forth checking on me and then checking on the brother.  My sis in law, Heather would have to come up to where I was because Jimmy wanted to know what was going on with me.  Finally my Uncle Neil showed up and told mom to stay with me that he could handle Jimmy.  :).......  now I could finally concentrate on having this baby!!!

21 hours later at 12:14am he finally decided to make his grand appearance......  all of mine and Loren's troubles went away.  Now we knew we had a much bigger job then we ever had.  We had to take this baby home and try not to screw up.  We began to focus on something besides ourselves.  Hayes was the "thing" that saved our marriage. 

Just a little side note......  One of Jeff Foxworthy's redneck jokes goes like this..... "You might be redneck if an episode of Walker Texas Ranger has ever changed your life"........  WELL......  Hayes' middle name is my maiden name (Cooper)......  his full name is Hayes Cooper Crow........  there is a character from Walker Texas Ranger named.... "Hayes Cooper"........  well.....  I guess I have said enough......  :)


 

1 comment:

  1. Neat! Phil and I felt that we never "grew up" totally until we had David. YOu just don't know how they will change your lives.. but it's always for the better.

    ReplyDelete