Total Pageviews

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Famous Quotes

I have a few quotes from some of my favorite people that I think should go in a book of "Famous Quotes".  You know we all  have those family members who say things over and over again when you are young and then when you reach a certain age you FINALLY figure out what they were meaning when they said those words that were irrelevant to you at the time......  I surely hope I am not the only one.  I am constantly using my own sayings in my everyday life whether it be at school, home, or wherever.  One of my own sayings that I say frequently is "Good Night in the Morning".  I have been told that I do not make any sense when I say this.  I have even had one young man go as far as googling this saying of mine and reporting back to me that I made absolutely no sense at all when I said it.  That has to be one of my favorite moments ever.  Another of my favorite that I stole from church camp is "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner".  This is a favorite of mine and I use it daily in my classroom.    But enough about my quotes; lets talk about some that actually should be in the book.  I have an aunt who is known by many people.  And to let you in a little secret....  she is one of my heroes.  One of my most favorite quotes of hers (and yes....  she has MANY) is.....  "I am going to kill you dead".  Really?  Does that make sense???  You bet it does....  It means you better sit up straight and pay attention to what she is saying......  or she just might "kill you dead".    She has been known to attack those that she loves with a yellow notepad. Just aske my husband.  Another saying by someone very dear to me is "We will see you in the funny papers".  You know..... as a kid when I heard my Grannie say this....  I would think to myself...  "Am I going to be in the comics this coming Sunday?"  :)  I never was :(.......  But as I got older and she continued to say it I knew she meant  "I will see you soon".  I would give anything to hear her say that just one more time.  My last famous quote comes from my Daddy.  I heard him say this on several occasions.  His was "Baby, you are having the time of your life.....  you just don't know it yet".  He would always say this when I was the most frustrated.....  when the kids were on my last nerve....  when I had 10 minutes to load up the kids to get to a ball practice....  He always knew the right time to say it.  It took me a while to figure out what he meant when he used this mixture of words.  I acutally thought he was saying "better you then me" when he would quote those words.  He would  say this when I was about to pull my hair out or he thought I was actually going to "kill one of his grandkids dead".  These words are forever inscribed on my heart.  I think of them when I am at my wits end. And yes.....  I would give anything to hear him say it again....just one more time..... as I was screaming at the kids to get their stuff and get in the truck and he was sitting on his front porch waving bye at all of us.  I think of these quotes and realize how lucky I have it.  I have 3 healthy active kids who run me ragged.  But I can rest when they are grown.  These 3 small little quotes from these 3 special people are a part of me and they all have influenced the type of person I am today. 

1 comment:

  1. I know the author of one of those quotes:) My mom used to say, "It's a great life if you don't weaken..." and she would always say that the quote came from my grandfather. Also, that my grandfather used to say he wouldn't give a million dollars for the two kids he had and he wouldn't give a plug nickel for another one...:)

    ReplyDelete