Total Pageviews

Friday, March 25, 2011

DUKE lost :(

I will be honest......  I love the DUKE Blue Devils.  I admit it.  I love the HOGS too!  The HOGS are my #1 team!!!!  BUT...... I am an avid DUKE fan.  When I was younger....  much younger....  I followed DUKE like a stalker.....  I loved Bobby Hurley, Grant Hill, Christian Laettner and mostly Coach K.  I loved watching them play.  I was so torn when the Hogs had to play them in 1994.  I was such a minority in my family as well as at GR.  I was "that girl" who liked DUKE.  My friends were very accepting.  They bought me many DUKE gifts, posters, shirts, a DUKE trashcan, but my fav gift was from my mom and dad (I know dad had nothing to do with it really).  It was a DUKE Blue Devils watch that played "We are the Champions".  It was GREAT!!!!  When DUKE and the HOGS met to play for the championship in 1994, I was not at home.  I was watching the game at my friend Beth's house.  When Scotty Thurman (whom I have been asked to keep my distance from by a Bud Walton security guard but that is another blog) hit that shot to win the NCAA championship, I immediately thought... "Oh no..... I will never hear the end of this" and I was right.....  Beth's phone began to ring (this was before we all had cell phones).......  I was just so pleased that "someone" informed everyone of where I was ......  I began to take one call after another......  I took it like a champ too!!!!!  I was secretly glad that the HOGS brought home the trophy but I had an image to uphold.  :)
SO.......to carry on the tradition of letting me know when DUKE loses my brother sent me a text at 8:57 this morning saying "Duke got sent home last night".  They all just love to say that!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Fun times; happy memories even when they lose... You've always been your own person and being a Duke fan proves it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww....Jill....I'm thinking next year! (for both teams) :)

    ReplyDelete