Total Pageviews

Saturday, December 31, 2011

I shake my "head" back & forth....

Well tomorrow is the first day of 2012 and we still don't have humans living on the moon or have flying cars. I don't make resolutions because I know I won't keep them but I am happy for those of you that do make them and proud of your commitment.

I have lots of prayers for the upcoming year. I pray for a year without loss. The number of loved ones being lost each year is growing. Is that part of life? Is that part of getting older? Maybe so....... If it is part of life and getting older then why is a majority of the people we are losing younger? There is nothing right about burying someone who has not had the chance to live. But in the end, I remember I am not the Giver of life....therefore I am not the Taker of life either.

I also hope I shake my head a little less this year. I shake my head when people amaze me. Amaze me in a negative manner. Those who make me say "what in the world were they thinkin? Were they thinking at all?". I hope some of the adults I know begin to realize that every move they make and every decision they make affects their family.....their spouses...their kids....their parents..... All of their family!!!! And sadly, their actions rip families apart. Scars are not erased..... They may be masked...concealed....but not erased. Stop relying on "second chances". You only have one shot at raising your kids. The decisions you make as a parent in this very moment stays with the child for the rest of their life. Do you honestly want your child to remember they way you lived life as "what not to do"? Just imagine if you lived your life without needing to look down at the ground and avoid making eye contact with people you walk by. Be real......or you will eventually be "alone".

I know that I do not "walk on water". I make mistakes....daily. But... I am proud to say that my legacy is my family. They are my heart....my reason to breathe....my whole entire world. Nothing or nobody is worth risking their love and respect for me.

1 comment:

  1. Anyone can look at your kids or your hubby and see that they are your priority and that you are a good mom, a good wife. And a good teacher, I might add. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete