Total Pageviews

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Unusual Blessings :)

It has been a while since I have written.  No particular reason.

2011 has been a tough year around here.  2010 was a tough one also.  It seems the older I get the tougher each year gets.  2011 has been grim to say the least.  So many young lives gone too early.  That is just my opinion.  But I know The Maker.  He giveth life and He taketh it away.  My dear friend Darci lost a very special student of her's this year.  Glen Rose lost it's Ladybug.  And my family lost a diamond in the rough, Tanner.  I know the Momma's of these new angels would give anything to have just one more day with them.

So...... this blog will contain some unusual blessings:

1.  I am blessed to have a little girl asleep in floor with Hannah Montana Daisy's huge head rested upon Laci's leg and 2 knot-headed boys asleep some where in this house.
2.  I am blessed with a clothes basket full of socks.....  albeit....a very frustrating beast in itself to conquer.... the owners of all of those socks are my reasons to live.
3.  I am blessed with stale french fries under the seats of my suburban.
4.  I am blessed with empty toilet paper rolls still on the toilet paper holder.
5.  I am blessed with friends that make me smile even when they text me while I am sleeping.
6.  I am blessed with too many open cereal boxes.
7.  I am blessed with a refrigerator that has a broken shelf in the door that has been repaired with camo duct tape.
8.  I am blessed with need to know exactly what my children are wearing every time they are away from me.
9.  I am blessed with a stack of folded towels that has been passed by everyone in the house and nobody made an effort to put them away.
10.  Lastly, I am blessed knowing that we are not guaranteed tomorrow, so my priorities don't lie in having a clean house, clean vehicle, or perfect kids but in making sure when my family closes their eyes every night, they know that they are my world.

1 comment: