Total Pageviews

Saturday, June 4, 2011

I wonder......

I wonder what they are doing in Heaven today?  I wonder what my Grannie is doing in Heaven today?  I wonder if she fried something?  If she did, I am sure she drew a crowd and I am sure she made a pan of cornbread to go with it.  I wonder if she played the paino today? She loved to play and sing.  She loved for me to play when her eyes got to where she could not see the songbook anymore.  She would sing.....  her favorite was How Great Thou Art.  I wonder if she worked in her garden today?  Some of my most precious memories were of her and me spending our summer mornings working in her garden.  When we got hot we went inside and drank cold water from the jug she kept in the icebox.   I wonder if Grannie saw Telisa today?  I hope so.  I wonder if they spent time together, rocking in their rocking chairs talking about us.  I wonder how much they laugh together?  I am sure it is a lot.   Maybe they had lunch together today.  Telisa was famous for knocking on Grannie's door and saying..... "Come on Grannie.... lets go get a burger" and Grannie's reply would be "ok sister.... let me comb my hair".  Grannie was always on "go".   I do not have to wonder if they are happy.  I know they are.  I do not have to wonder if they hurt.  I know they are pain-free.  Pain left their bodies a while back.  I do not have to wonder if they miss me because I know they see me.  I do not have to wonder "if" I will see them again.  I know I will.  I know they are taking care of my Daddy.  Until then....  Grannie and Priss will save a place at the table for me.    See you at the house.

1 comment:

  1. So true and so sweet - a neat tribute to your precious family. Thanks for sharing. But you have to quit making me tear up:) !

    ReplyDelete