Total Pageviews

Monday, June 20, 2011

UBIQUITOUS

I found a new word. I really like when words fall into my lap.  My new word is "UBIQUITOUS".  Ever heard of it?  I heard it on a movie...... a movie that I have seen 4 or 5 times.  Can you believe it took me this many times to finally "hear" this word.  It is another word that makes me feel taller when I say it.  It is a pretty word.  

This word is an adjective.  Here is the meaning.... "Being or seeming to be everywhere at the same time."

Why do I like this word?  I like this word because it reminds my of my kids.  They are everywhere....  their stuff is everywhere.....  in every room.  When I look around my living room right now I see so many items that need to be put away..... put in their rooms.  Looking at my front door I see 3 pairs of flip flops, 2 pair of muck boots, and 2 pairs of crocs.  I am not finished....  there is also a BB gun and a plastic bowl with live worms in it.... don't worry... there are holes in the top so they can breathe.  There are clothes that the kids need to put away....  but we can do that later.  I can look in every room and see evidence of my kids..... evidence that I have happy, healthy, active kids.... and for that I am thankful.  Do you hear me yelling to put them away?  No.  Maybe I should but I am not.  I actually enjoy that my children are "ubiquitous".  It reminds me of who I am.... who I was meant to me.  I am their mother.  I want to have a "home" not a "house". A home they want to return to when they are older.

One of these days their stuff will be gone and I will be wishing I had those "ubiquitous" days back.

1 comment:

  1. GREAT word!!! I will have to hear it so I sound intelligent when I say it!! :)

    ReplyDelete