Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Boys

I love my boys.  I REALLY love my boys.  I love their rowdiness.  I love the fact that they hug me when they are hot and sweaty.  I love that they "expect" me to cook supper every single night.  I love the way they look after their little sister.  I love the fact that I cannot keep them inside.  I love the fact that they think their Daddy is the coolest person ever.  I love that they talk about their Pops everyday.   I also love the dirt they track in.  I could stay upset about it but then I start to think.... "what if they were not here to track in dirt on the carpet".  In a sense, I cherish that dirt.  I have had a tube of crickets set loose in my house.  I have to buy a gallon of milk a day.  I buy Lysol by the 3 pack.  Camo is the most popular color in my house. My DVR is full of recorded episodes of WWE, Bill Dance, and Jimmy Houston.  My point is that BOYS WILL BE BOYS.  Why can't some people see that?  Why would we expect them to be anything else.    My mother raised 2  boys and she survived.  She loves to say that EVERYONE should have to raise at least 2 boys.   My Daddy always said "You are having the best time of your life.... you just don't know it yet."

3 comments:

  1. I really like that. What you say makes so much sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right! Alot of people do not understand what being a mom of boys is like.. Your life is crazy wild, but you cant miss a minute.

    ReplyDelete