Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 10, 2011

My family ROCKS!

I have an unusually close family.  We pretty much know where each of us are and who we are with at any given time and if one of us happens to be misplaced, we will call, text, and yell until we are located.  We are very nosey.  We ask alot of questions.....  but we do it with love.  I don't know of many secrets my family has.  Someone once told me I need to distance myself from my family and our closeness was not healthy.  Well.......  you probably don't need to read what I said back to that person.   Snow days with my family are the best, they are tiring but they really are the BEST.  As soon as the first snowflake falls, the grandkids began asking... "When are we going to Grandma and Pop's house?".   We all gather there to cook, eat, watch tv, eat, play, cook,  eat, nap, eat, and so on and so on.   Today I made many different memories.  I cooked with my favorite Mother, I flipped through my Grannie's recipes, and I grossed my nieces (Emilee and Adelai) and mother out when I showed them how I seperate egg yolks and egg whites.  I made homemade chicken and dumplins at the request of some of my favorite nieces.  I had to use tortillas for the dumplins instead of the small white biscuits and I have to admit, I was a wee-bit nervous about that.  But apparently they tasted the same.  After my belly was full, I went to take a rest on my mom's bed.  Eventually I was joined by Sarah, Easton, Adelia, Laci and Christian.  Not all at once but pretty close.  We laid and watched a movie and little Easton slept in between me and Sarah.  At one point, I thought how lucky I was to have my nieces and my great-nephew snuggled up next to me.  How many Aunts/ Great-Aunts get the chance to enjoy these moments.  It was very peaceful.  I never said it was quiet.  It is very seldom quiet when we are all together.  This ALL  happened because of what my Mother and Daddy started over 4 decades ago.

3 comments:

  1. I <3 that you have done 2 already!!! They are GREAT!!! Families set the foundation.....I think it is GREAT you are so close with yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tribute to your family and also so true. Many people would give their eye teeth (whatever those are?) to have what your family has!

    ReplyDelete