Total Pageviews

Saturday, February 19, 2011

I REALLY don't like any of my babies growing up!!

Yep.....  I admit it....I am "that Aunt".  I am "the Aunt" that sometimes crosses the line of "aunt-hood" and "parent-hood".  I am nosey.....  and I do ask A LOT of questions to my brother's and sister-in-law's kids.  I often  put my 2 cents in when I probably should not.  I just cannot help it.  I love ALL my nieces and nephews just like they are my own children.  I have all my nieces and my nephew so close to me.  I see them all the time.  I talk to them all the time.  I text them all the time.  Sometimes I wonder if they roll their eyes when I send them a "bossy" text or a "questioning" text.  I am sure they do.  Today we had our family wedding shower for my niece Emilee.  I have to admit I am very happy for Em that she is in love and she is creating a new life BUT I am sad for me!!!  I am sad that she is old enough to get married.  I am sad that she is moving away.  YEP......  it is all about me.  I woke up around 2:45 this morning because I was dreaming that Loren was letting terrorist take over our yard (that is a WHOLE other blog).  So what else do you do at 2:45 am but watch dvrd episodes of The View and get on Facebook. Anyways.....  I got to Emilee's status update and she mentioned that she was "listening to songs that her and her favorite aunt (that is ME!!) used to listen to when she was little.  I COMPLETELY FELL APART!!!  yep.....  here came the tears....  not small tears but HUGE alligator tears!!  I was like "really????"  Pull it together!!!  I also lost it when we went wedding dress shopping and the "evil" worker at the bridal store pulled the veil down over Emilee's face!!  UGH!!!  You may have seen those pics!  Yep....  I was a mess right there in the middle of the store.  How am I going to make it through the wedding????  When she was little she loved to sit in the front seat of my awesome Monte Carlo care and roll the window down and stick her head out of the window and sing "Take another little piece of my heart" at the top of her lungs!!!  I mean she would belt out those lyrics.....  It is seriously one of my favorite memories.  Now she is grown, in college and planning her wedding.  She is not a little girl anymore.   I wish her nothing but complete happiness but once again.......  It is all about me and my inability to let go!!!!  I know I will have to prepare myself to go through this process with Sarah, Bubba, Adelia, and Christain and I am not looking forward to any of it!.....  not to mention my own children!!!!  UGH!!

1 comment:

  1. LOVE this...and soooo true!!! So hard watching them grow! Helps me to understand how my mom/family felt! I think it is awesome how much you LOVE your family!

    ReplyDelete