Total Pageviews

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Benevolence

BENEVOLENCE-- The desire to do good to others; goodwill; charitableness; an act of kindness

I really like this word. I like this word because it sounds good. I like this word because it has more then 5 letters. I like this word because it makes me feel taller when I say it. (I know... that is strange but it does). I like this word but I LOVE the meaning of it. I love the meaning because it is what we should all do. I love the meaning because we want others to be benevolent towards us. I really love the meaning of this word because it was what the Bible tells us we should do.

The act of BENEVOLENCE is practically non-existent in today's society. I will admit, I am very guilty of this. We are caught up in the mindset that if we do something that takes any extra effort we should automatically get something in return. Should we always expect to be recognized for our acts of kindness.... NO.... we should not.

At this very moment, I can think of a woman who I have known for several years whom I consider to have the sweetest spirit that any human can have. She is a BENEVOLENT human being. I know my name has been mentioned in many of her prayers over the years. I know what she gives from the heart not expecting anything in return. She will go without so others will not.

BENOVELENCE..............

2 comments:

  1. I think I am blessed to know the same person:) If we're thinking of the same person, what you have written is very true. VEry apropos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an AWESOME word!!! I may have to try to use it more often! We can all learn from these types of people!!!

    ReplyDelete