Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Such a special day....

Man how time flies......  It does not seem like my little Evan should be 10 years old.  Now I have two kids who have double digit ages.  That can make me feel old real quick.

Evan was mine and Loren's 3rd anniversary present.  He was born on his actual due date.  That rarely happens.  He did not get in a hurry to make his arrival in this world and to this day things have not changed that much.  My pregnancy with Evan was in NO WAY similar to Hayes'.  Evan rolled, flipped, tossed and turned all the time.  In the evenings, I would just lay flat and he would go at it.  I did whatever it took to give my ribs, back, and internal organs a break.  They funny part is he is still the same way.  Sharing a bed with Evan is putting your life in harms way.  At deer camp Pops would always be the one who would 'get' to sleep with Evan.  At one point Pops put Evan in a sleeping bag and zipped it all the way up thinking that would fix the problem, but he was wrong.  :)

Thursday May 17, 2001....  I was at school and in a great deal of pain.  I tried to work through it and not show it but one of my students was not too easy to fool.  About 2 minutes after the bell to dismiss from first block had rang....  my assistant principal came in with a look of concern and told me to get my stuff because I was going home.  So I did.....  well ..... not actually home....  I went to my Momma's.  :)  Eventually we loaded up and went to the hospital.... only to be sent home.  This happened again on a Saturday.... thought it was time..... went to the hospital....  sent home.  I was getting a little disgusted with this routine.  May 22, 2001, Evan was ready to grace this world with his presence.....  FINALLY!!!  I did not go to the hospital until I knew for sure I was not going to be sent home again.  Honestly, I almost waited too late.  Loren was headed to work and he told Momma to call him if they kept me and headed out the door......  with Momma following him.  She told him he was not going to work today..... because I was having this baby today..... and of course he responded with "yes mam".  :)

May 22 is such a special day.....  Loren and I got the best anniversary present ever....  we got something we can enjoy all year long.......  Evan Michael Crow.... 

No comments:

Post a Comment