Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Your gonna miss this....

"Your gonna miss....your gonna want this back....your gonna wish these days hadn't gone by so fast". Man..... I love that song. It is so true. I never realized how the years fly by until I became a mother. It seems like just yesterday I was changing Hayes's diapers and now he is only 4 years away from getting his drivers license. I can honestly say I live with the "I can do that later" mindset. Just last night I didn't fold the laundry because Laci wanted me to watch High School Musical with her. The laundry is still there today.... the moment to snuggle with my baby girl is gone.....well at least until tomorrow night since we are dvr'ing High School Musical 3 tonight. I do not spend my summer vacation scrubbing bathtubs, organizing closets, or mopping floors. I do spend my sacred time with my babies picking blackberries, playing at the lake, and making random but much needed runs to Hobo Joe's. I don't want to be 70 years old and wish I had spent more time with my family..... I plan to do it now. Maybe one of these dyas all my laundry will be folded neatly and put away and maybe one of these days there will not be any dirty dishes in the sink.... but for now the laundry is left undone and last night's supper dishes are in the sink...... because I have T-BALL game to watch.

1 comment:

  1. Your priorities are as straight as they come. I know you are a great mom.

    ReplyDelete