Total Pageviews

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mercies in disguise

I heard a song today that I have never heard before. I honestly don't know the official title or who sings the song. What I do know is I heard this song for a reason today and I firmly believe this song was played just for me. I will not get into all of the lyrics of the song. The part that is stuck in my head and my heart goes like this.... "what if all of these trials were actually mercies in disguise?". WOW.._.. I felt like I had just been slapped across the face. Isn't it amusing what God does to get our attention. I know all of you know what "trial" I have had in my life. I have friends that are so dear to me who have had their loved ones taken from them way before they wanted to let them go...and they are left with a void that will never ne filled.just as I have to. A Dad taken away right when he was needed the most to guide a son throughout his life..... a brother who was taken away right in the middle of the best years of his life... a sister taken from her children when she should have been left here to take care of them .... a mother who was taken from her daughter right after the biggest moment of her life at that point and babies that never had the chance. None of these events are fair.... none of them seem right in our eyes. It is hard to look at these and not show anger towards God. I have and I still do. A former teacher of mine told me it was ok to be angry at God...shout at God...he was big enough to take it. I am not promising I will always look at the loss of my Daddy as a "mercy in disguise ". But I can think about these lyrics and try.

2 comments:

  1. So honest - so many heartbreaking things. Yet your heart keeps going in the right direction. Many people don't. I really admire you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Such a powerful line from that song. Love you!

    ReplyDelete